NEI / LIFE CHOICES is a registered service provider under the guidelines and monitoring of the NSW Department of Ageing, Disability and Home Care.
The Transition to Work Program supports the Year 12 school leaver with a disability to develop skills that will assist them to move to employment, vocational, education and training, or higher education. This support is available for up to two years after leaving school.
Objectives of LIFE CHOICES Transition to Work is to provide a comprehensive program design in conjunction with the client to meet individual needs of the school leaver, with a mutual goal of optimum satisfaction to gain purposeful employment.
Individual programs consist of but not limited to:
- Support to access and attend further adult education facilities, TAFE as an example.
- Individualized support in work experience in mainstream and or supported employment.
- Community based activities.
- Assistance with resume preparation.
- Training in every day life skills.
- Training in team skills.
- Enhancing social skills.
- Support to seek and maintain assistance from registered specialized employment agencies.
- Ongoing support to maintain employment.
Hours of operation:
Administration: 8.30am to 4.30pm. Monday to Friday.
Contact Person: Kathryn Ross (LIFE CHOICES) manager.
Telephone: (02) 69 623 162 Mobile: 0400 360 317.
Eligibility for a Transition to Work Program:
As per NSW Department of Ageing Disability & Home Care criteria post school programs.